Collection & Use
I recognize the privacy concerns of the users of my website on the Internet and the importance of protecting the privacy of personally identifiable information collected from them. As a general policy, no personally identifiable information, such as a visitor’s name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, or credit card information is automatically collected on my website. Such information is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted, and I use such information only for the purpose for which it was submitted, unless I disclose other uses in this policy or at the time of collection.
I maintain reasonable and appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of such information in my possession. I do not sell personally identifiable information to third parties. I will not disclose, sell, trade, or rent personal information I collect to outside parties. I reserve the right to monitor customer traffic patterns and website usage to help me develop the design and layout of the website to enhance your user experience.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA PRIVACY
We are fully committed to maintaining the privacy of any information (‘personal data’) that you provide to us. Furthermore, we commit to ensuring that such data is held securely, used appropriately and only retained for as long as is necessary.
Our systems and services are designed with privacy in mind, and we operate a ‘data minimization’ principle wherever possible – that is to say that we will only ever ask you for the minimum amount of information required to provide our services efficiently; we have no desire to retain (and therefore maintain) any more information than is necessary. We aspire to comply to the fullest extent possible with applicable data protection regulations, in particular the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) and ePrivacy Directive, where applicable.
DEFINITION OF ‘PERSONAL DATA’
When we refer to ‘personal data’ we mean any information that allows us to identify you personally. Obvious examples include your name, email address, postal address etc. We will always seek to gain your explicit consent to providing this information before we collect it from you, although this may not be the only legal basis on which we collect the data.
Other types of information, such as your computer’s ‘IP’ address or broad geographical location do not, generally, allow us to identify you directly. However, because in their current form, European data privacy regulations are somewhat vague in this regard, we will cover the use of such data here also.
This website is also secured with SSL encryption, which means that all traffic to and from our servers is encrypted. This applies to our own administrative access to the website as well as that of users of our services.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In the situation where you have directly provided personal information to us (such as by completing an online form or contacting us for further information), you have a number of rights regarding the personal data that we hold:
- You have the right to obtain from us confirmation about whether any such data is being held;
- You have the right to require that we provide you with whatever data we are holding/processing about you, including the right for that data to be transferred to another data controller;
- Even if you have consented to Us processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that permission at any time;
- You have the right to require us to rectify any incomplete or incorrect information held about you;
- You have the right to require us to erase the data held about you (the ‘right to be forgotten’);
In the situation where we collect personal data automatically (such as from your internet browser or via internet Cookies or other similar technologies):
- You have the right to object to the legal basis upon which we are collecting this data, and We have an obligation to consider and respond to that objection;
- You have the right to request the prevention of further processing of your data while your objection is considered;
- You have the right to make a complaint to the relevant data protection;
- In most circumstances, you can exercise these rights without paying a fee to us.
“Cookies” are small bits of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive to enable me to do a number of things to make your visit and future visits more enjoyable. These cookies do not contain any personally identifying information about you. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies. You may receive cookies from third parties, but I cannot control the content of those cookies.
There are several types of cookies:
- Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session.
- Persistent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites.
- First-party cookies are set by the site you are visiting.
- Third-party cookies are set by a third party site separate from the site you are visiting.
There are a number of ways that you can influence how cookies are used on your particular device. Most commercial browsers (such as Chrome, Safari, Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox etc) allow you to set preferences for whether to allow or block website cookies.
They will also provide tools that allow you to remove any cookies that have already been set. Using the ‘Help’ functionality of your browser, or an internet search, will help you to understand how to use these features for your particular browser.
We use Google Analytics to better understand what people look at on our website.
When people visit our site, information about their visit (such as which pages they look at, how long they spend on the site and so on) is sent in an anonymous form to Google Analytics (which is controlled by Google).
The data contains information about anyone who uses our website from your computer, and there is no way to identify individuals from the data.
We ensure that no personally identifiable information is ever contained within the data sent to our analytics providers, and we also perform a process which partially obscures your IP address information.
As analytics information is not personal data, we do not specifically ask for your prior consent.
This website may be linked to or from other websites that are not operated by me or any company affiliated with me. I am not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these third party websites. This website may also be linked to websites operated by companies affiliated with me. Visitors to those websites should refer to their separate privacy policies and practices.
Have questions about this policy? Please let me know.