Happy New Year! This past week I have been looking back and doing some reflecting on my year, my blog, myself and praying about 2024. I’m excited to share with you all some accomplishments and highlights, the top 10 posts of 2023 as well as some personal goals and plans for 2024. Today is all about reflecting and counting my blessing for a wonderful 2023! And a big thank you to YOU for being here with me.
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains other affiliate links too for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
The Tattered Pew’s Top 10 Posts of 2023: A Look Back
Well it’s here, 2024, and now I am finding some time to reflect! This was my second year of full time blogging and I have to say I am still so grateful to have been able to leave one fulfilling career (teaching) and begin another.
I still get asked every time I see friends if I am happy with my choice and the answer is always a resounding YES! God is SO good!
I do one of these posts every year and if you want to look at the past 6 years top posts then here they are: my, Top 10 of 2017, Top 10 of 2018 and Top 10 of 2019 and Top 10 of 2020 and Top 10 of 2021 and Top 10 of 2022. Honestly I can’t believe I have been blogging for almost 7 years now (2 of those full time)!
Proud Moments from 2023
- Media Vine- My blog was accepted into an ad agency called Media Vine and this has been a MAJOR goal of mine since I began blogging. I know ads can be a bit annoying at times while reading the blog, but they really do help me and are half of my income!
- Engagement- Our oldest got engaged to his amazing girlfriend Katy, and we could not be more thrilled! The wedding is planned for October 2024 and at Christmas Katy asked both girls to be her bridesmaids. We are over the moon excited for them and can’t wait to celebrate!
- I joined Bible Study Fellowship this last year and loved my group last year and also love the one I am currently in. It has been an amazing way for me to learn more about the Bible and grow in my relationship with Jesus. Plus, my mom is a leader so that means I get to see her every Wednesday.
- Crosby’s Room Makeover– my mom and I did a fun makeover on Crosby’s bedroom this past February and it was a highlight for us all! The best part is that SHE loves it:)
- Cottages and Bungalows Ambassador top 4- Over on Instagram I had the honor of being picked as one of the top 4 contenders to be considered as an ambassador for one of my favorite magazines, Cottages and Bungalows. I did not win but did get a feature in their most recent magazine. I will be sharing that with you all soon!
- Our kids- Crosby made the performance dance team at her studio, Grace made JV and is swinging up to Varsity for her high school basketball team, and Hudson transferred home (YAY!) to Colorado State. Mike and I are in heaven getting to have all four kids close. We celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary and I honestly love him more and more each day!. To say we are blessed would be an understatement.
Looking Ahead to 2024
To be honest I am really looking forward to 2024.
I have some big plans and hope to release my very first e-book all about growing zinnias! This has been a project I started working on this past year and want to finally launch it this year.
I also am excited to be sharing some more in depth blog posts on decorating, our home, seasonal decor and much more. Plus, my mom’s monthly Tuesday’s With Tracy post will be back for another year! I know so many of you enjoy her posts as much as I do!
My dream is to add some wallpaper somewhere in our home, finally finish our guest room/my office and possibly add a runner to our stairs. I also have my sights on a new sofa and new woven blinds for our family room. We shall see! It never hurts to dream and have a vision.
The Tattered Pew’s Top 10 Posts of 2023
Now on to my favorite part! The top 10 posts of 2023 here on The Tattered Pew.
Not my top 10, but your top 10 actually!
That’s right! I looked at my analytics (data collection) for all of the 2023 year and these were my most viewed posts. I will start with my 10th most viewed post and end with my # 1 most viewed post!
You can click on the green links to visit each of the original posts. If you are new here then this will give you a nice taste of what I’m all about and if you have been here for awhile I would love to know which post below was your favorite? Please leave a comment below!
Here we go! I bet #1 will surprise you!
This one did not surprise me as I loved it too! I shared how to make a dried zinnia wreath here on the blog along with over on Instagram and right away I had great feedback from you. This wreath was so simple and dried so beautifully too!
Vintage flower frogs have been one of my favorite things to collect so I decided to write a blog post all about decorating with them. So many of you send me messages and emails about them and I love when you share your flower frogs with me too!
8. 14 Blue and White Floral Duvet Covers
If you saw my 2023 top 10 best sellers then you already know that our blue and white floral duvet cover was the #1 seller for me. It even sold out several times so because of that I wrote this blog post sharing 14 Blue & White Floral Duvet Covers! It was a hit and comes in as my #8 most popular post this year.
7. How to Create a Nativity Scene Centerpiece
This was one of my most recent posts from Christmas of 2023. Our nativity is always a focal point at Christmas since it is all about Jesus! This year I shared how to create a nativity scene centerpiece and it turned out jsut beautiful! SO many of you have this same nativity or similar ones and I loved when you would share how you displayed yours with me. I can’t wait to come up with a new one for next year!
6. 5 Simple Ways to Add Color to Your Fall Decor
This year I made it my mission to add color as much as possible all around our home. This post on 5 simple ways to add color to your fall decor ranked number 6 on the top 10 of my most viewed posts. Next year my goal is to add more color and more textures and patterns!
5. Ultimate Guide to Growing and Caring for Iceberg Roses
When I shared this ultimate guide to growing and caring for Iceberg roses I wasn’t sure if they would be as popular as my zinnias. But I was pleasantly surprised that you all love rose just as much! I love the fact that these rose are so easy to grow and even more gorgeous! A post to check out for sure if you are looking for a new fun and easy glower to add to your garden this year.
4. How to Mod Podge Sea Shells for Decor
I love all things coastal and I am always looking for creative ways to use my shells in our decor. This post on how to mod podge sea shells for decor was a hit and such a fun and simple DIY! I love mod podge and can’t wait to try this with other napkins and shells.
3. Affordable Pillows Covers and Combinations from Amazon
It’s not a secret that I love pillows and apparently YOU do too! ha! This post that comes in at #3 is all about affordable pillow covers and combinations from Amazon. I did the work for you!
2. How To Prepare Pinecones for Crafts
If you love FREE decor then you will LOVE this post on how to prepare pinecones for crafts and decor! I shared all of my tips and tricks and it was popular over on Pinterest as well. I love when natural decor can be so elegant and useful!
1. The Lazy Girl’s Guide to Growing Colorful Zinnias From Seeds
Ok, so once again my Lazy Girl’s Guide to Growing Colorful Zinnias from Seeds is #!! It was not a new post this year but still continues to be my post that is most viewed. I did also share a new guide to harvesting zinnia seeds that was also very helpful. Be on the lookout for my e-book on zinnias and some other fun things I will be sharing in 2024! If you haven’t seen my Zinnia Planting Zone free printable you can grab it here (subscribers who already get my emails can access it in my Printable Library and the password is at the end of every email I send!)
The Tattered Pew’s Top 10 Posts of 2023
That was a blast! Which one was your favorite post? Did yours make my top 10?
I’m seriously thankful for all of you, and I just want to express my gratitude! Thanks a bunch for hanging out with me on the blog, dropping comments, pinning my pics, opening my emails, and spreading my ideas around. Trust me, every single one of those actions means the world to me.
Wishing each and every one of you a fantastic, healthy, and blessed 2024. Cheers! 🌟
I’d love to have you hang out with me some more! Feel free to follow along with me on any of the platforms linked below.